Monday, June 21, 2010

Hello, My Name is Inigo Montoya.....

Tyler and I have been reading one of my all time favorite books lately, "The Princess Bride." It has everything a boy could want; swords, giants, poisons, Rodents of Unusual Size (ROUS), a fire swamp, the cliffs of insanity and.....an introduction to BREASTS?!

As we were reading last night we came to the part when Westley finds Buttercup in the castle as she is contemplating suicide rather than marry Prince Humperdinck. Westley comments that it would be a shame to waste two perfect breasts which of course prompted the Q & A.

Ty - Dad, what are breasts?
Me - Well, on girls it's this part of their bodies (gesture to my chest)
Ty - You mean mom's bra?
Me - Well, what's under the bra on her chest.
Ty - Looks at me as if to say 'huh?'
Me - Fear, silence, I look at him as if to say 'uh oh'
Me - Boys, we have chests, girls have breasts. We're just different.
Ty - the next day while playing sword fight with mom (for pretends) - 'I stab you in your bressssss!'
Val - when I come home from work tonight - Have you been talking to Ty about breasts?
Me -Ooops, I forgot, see above! It was Westley, The Man in Black, The Dread Pirate Roberts!

No comments: