Tyler's school is very close to our house...walking distance. Technically it's only about two minutes away but when you are walking with two small children it takes a little longer. Tyler has been very excited to ride his bike to school. I'm working on a way to make that happen. The problem is it takes Tyler about 5 minutes to bike to Totem Falls and Hailey about 15 minutes which really cramps Tyler's style. So what I need to figure out is if Tyler can be happy riding his bike slow enough for me to run with Hailey in the stroller. And will Hailey be accepting enough to ride in the stroller not on her bike. And if I have to run Tyler to school and then come home and get Hailey off to preschool how am I going to shower when I'm supposed to use my hour and half with no kids to get my work done (my morning time work hours won't work any more. We are having a major schedule shift....all of us....and it is going to take a few weeks to find a new routine....and probably even less sleep).
I've decided to put the biking dilemma on hold for a bit and we'll walk (or drive if the pouring rain continues) for a bit until we get comfortable with how the whole getting to school and getting settled in the classroom process. That takes me to the point of this blog :). Last week we made a trial run of our walk to school. The kids packed up their backpacks and we headed off.
Tyler and I have started reading the Magic Tree house books. It's a long series of short (60 page big print) adventures that a brother (Jack) and sister (Annie) take. He's enjoying the series. Jack always take a backpack with him filled with a notebook and pen so he can take notes during their adventures. So while packing up his backpack for our "test run". Tyler packed a notebook, pencil, and Magic Tree house book. And when we go to the school he sat down and went through all the pictures in the book. I love it, Tyler has such imagination in all the adventures he takes. I could see him inserting himself into the story.
No comments:
Post a Comment