Thursday, February 24, 2011

Lego creations

The creation process.  Tyler loves legos kits (we all know that right) but he really doesn't need them.  He's also very happy just being inspired and building.  Here's how it works.  Ty gets inspiration from a book, something he's seen, a lego video, a show, or an idea in his mind.  He hurries to his room (requests company while he is building).  There are legos rustling around as he opens and closes drawers, searching for just the right piece.  And then like magic, there is a wonderful creation.


He's been Star Wars inspired the last week or so.  He's spent quite a bit of time looking through his Star Wars lego book that he got from Santa.
Getting inspiration.  Searching for just the right thing to build.
Once he's found something he goes and busily builds.  Then he comes out with something like this (see pic).   I am sure I am a biased parent but I really am in awe of his building skills.  He often asks me to build with him and shows me a picture of what to build.  I struggle and struggle and come up with something that is not even identifiable.  Then he shows me his creation and it looks almost exactly like the picture that inspired him. 


the picture that inspired him and his resulting creation
 
Some of his current star wars ships

The inside of a ship and a Darth Vader battle

No comments: