Thursday, March 8, 2012

Missing My Family

Several years ago my brothers and I began a tradition that I hope continues into the adult lives of our sons, and their sons, and so on. A few days of sun, fun, baseball and just brotherly bonding in Arizona has become something I look forward to very much. I am so excited for the days when our sons are old enough (must be over 21!) to take part. Along on the trip are a whole host of guys from Dan's Fire Department including some father/son combos that give me that glimpse into the future.
But with the trip there is a price on my heart which is the ache I feel not bring with Val, Ty and Hailey. It should be impossible for my heart to grow fonder but as the saying goes the longer I away the more I love and miss them all. Then, there's the flying. Since becoming a father I am terrified of flying and count the minutes till I touch ground and can talk to or hug my family. That part seems to get harder every year.
So, Val, Ty and Hailey, I love you all and miss you already. Hug each other and throw in an extra goodnight kiss for me each night. I can't wait to be back with you!

Dad

No comments: