Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Oh the pressure...

Tonight I took Ty to his first pitching/catching practice for his select summer team and I was hit with some churning tension in my stomach, "Am I doing the right thing?"

Let me back up. Select baseball at age 9? Yep, it's become commonplace for younger boys to play on summer teams. This has been hard for me to swallow because it wasn't even an option when I was his age growing up. But, nobody was blogging about it from their smart phone then either.

I can only describe my feeling as pressure. Am I blessed to only be feeling this now when he's 9 or am I terrible for not feeling the pressure of fatherhood sooner? I guess I willingly know in hindsight. 

My saving grace is that Ty loves baseball. I make it clear to him that I only want him to have fun and that it's his decision and not mine. So, I will be very curious to see how this goes.
Ty waiting his turn.
Ty on the mound this fall.

No comments: