Hailey is two years old today (as of 3:17 this morning)!! It's hard to believe she is so grown up :). But really she is so able these days. She wants/and can do almost everything by herself . We still hear "Hailey do it" constantly throughout the day. She is so spirited and so so funny! She makes the funniest faces and uses her eyes to show so much expression whether it is closing them so tight, pouting, or peaking out of the corner of her eyes. She puts on her own shoes, zips her own coat (ok, I have to start it for her), climbs in to her own bed, and is already sitting on the potty by choice (though it's still after the fact). She will try absolutely anything that Tyler does and can usually do it. She's not afraid to say to no when Tyler wants to do something and she doesn't. She has mastered the high pitch scream whenever Tyler starts running in her direction or even looks at her wrong for that matter :). She loves to dance and sing and just be down right goofy. She is going to be so interesting and fun (and probably challenging) as she grows up. I can't wait to see the person she becomes.
We actually aren't having her party until the 19th (figured Easter celebrations were enough fun for one weekend) so I don't really have anything planned for today. I figured she was young enough that she won't know the difference. What I didn't count on was Tyler getting excited and asking if we would get to have a treat when she woke up in the morning and opened her presents. I had to whisper in his ear that since we were having her party later she would open presents then. To which he reminded me that he had his party later but still walked downstairs the morning of his birthday and saw a couple presents on the couch. He got to open them and then have whipped cream and strawberry pancakes. Busted (why does he have such a good memory)!! So then I had to whisper in his ear that I actually haven't bought Hailey her present yet and he was totally disappointed. I guess I'll have to be on top of it next year.
Here's Hailey through the years......2 years that is....(and there are more than 3 pics because I just couldn't decide)
Birth (or right when we got home from the hospital)
A few weeks old
1 Year old
2 comments:
Hailey is a cutie beauty! Dad, Mom, and big brother Tyler are going to have sooo much fun with her while she keeps growing up right in front of your eyes!
Luv Ya,
Grampa Q
What a cutie. Love the picture of her at one year old--her eyes just sparkle! Happy Birthday Hailey!
Post a Comment