I'm not sure I've ever actually written a blog about Hailey when she was really little?? Maybe? maybe not? Anyway, she was a very serious baby. It took her a long time to smile and she was close to 9 months old before she started to giggle. And I believe I did write somewhere that she always wanted to be held. She hated being set on the floor, especially if you planned on walking away from her or, horror, even thought about leaving the room she was in. I was thinking about all this today and decided that really she was just mad. She was mad about being immobile because all she wants to do is run, jump, and dance. And she must have been so serious because she was mad she couldn't talk. Because, I'll tell you what, she's talking now, and she has A LOT to say. Really, Dave and I were just watching her tonight at the dinner table and she had this long drawn out paragraph she was saying and all I could think was....she's really not even a toddler any more.
We have a roses and thorns game we play at the dinner table (Tyler's favorite thing...he's always so sad on the nights dad is gone for dinner). We all say our roses (good things that happened that day) and thorns (the not so good things). Hailey already "gets" it and is starting to say her roses and thorns each day too. Tyler always has a big smile when he says "I had NO thorns today!. Hailey's rose is usually "when Daddy came home from work to see me (sometimes even on the nights he's not home at dinner time or before bed)". I'm pretty sure she is already wrapping Dave around her little finger or putting him in her back pocket (whatever the phrase is). In addition to her nightly rose about Daddy, today while they were painting Dave asked Hailey if he should turn on some music to listen to. Hailey said, "No, let's watch some baseball".
Coming soon (hopefully), Tyler's blog, and out Halloween outing last weekend at the zoo prowl.
Monday, October 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment