It's that time of year again...the annual two week vacation to see the Bunge's in Bend. I think it is already shaping up to be one of the better trips yet with Hailey coming of age (3 going on 12). The ride down seemed a lot faster than usual and the opportunities just seem more plentiful not being slaves to naps or diapers anymore. We are at the mercy of frequent potty breaks but nothing is ever perfect. Val and I have already had the chance to basically have a day together, looking at houses on the Tour of Homes, our annual pilgrimage to see other people's homes!
The kids are more than content to tottle around with Grammy in the garden, looking at worms, and all the other things that come on the farm/homestead here. We are looking forward to lots of swimming, bike riding and milk shakes on top of Pilot Butte. Perhaps this year we will find the lava caves, lava tube and a day dedicated to each of the kids on their own which is near impossible back in the real world. We've taken lots of photos so far but I need to work out a way to get them to my Mac as I don't think we have the USB chord and this thing doesn't have an SD Card slot. Maybe I'll get an SD reader?
Anyways, we are having fun, it's hot and I am very excited that we had the AC serviced in our car because the last two years its been kind of weak and it has felt SOOOOOO GOOOOD thus far. Our previous years have had days that typically ended up with running and jumping in the front yard. This appears to be the year of the frisbee with photos as proof coming shortly.
Dave
And here come the photos... a couple days late.
This is just too funny! Hailey was fantastic at catching the frisbee, with her hands. She is actually becoming a pretty good frisbee thrower for a 3 year old.
Tyler was money too!
Check it out, a family photo. Thanks tri-pod and time delay. We are on top of our favorite landmark, Pilot Butte. Not pictured, root beer milkshakes from Pilot Butte Drive-In below!
Almost look like newlyweds on a honeymoon with no kids, don't we? DON'T WE!?
No comments:
Post a Comment