Tuesday, October 12, 2010

And there he goes......

Well Hailey and I got the axe today at school. Up until now, the three of us walk to school and Tyler hangs close to me as we wait for the doors to open and make our way to his room. Usually once we get there Hailey and I stand off to the side as he gets all his stuff on the hooks, folder out of his backpack and gets ready for the day. Then he comes over for a hug before he walks in the room. After that Hailey and I head home.

Today, we walked to school and Tyler spotted a couple of his friends. He asks "can I go play with them". Of course I say. Hailey quickly runs after him and I had to gently call her back. A couple minutes later, he drifts back our way. "So, is it ok if I walk into school with my friends". "Sure", (sniff). Hailey and I dutifully "hung back" as he made his way to his class, unpacked, and nearly walked into the room without even a goodbye. Then he caught sight of my sad face and came over for a hug :). I just cried silently inside. He might need to go back to preschool.

I am happy he's making friends though!!

No comments: