Monday, August 1, 2011

Bend - Mt Bachelor

The other day we were flipping through Bend books for ideas of fun places to go.  We stumbled upon the idea of summer chair lift rides up Mt. Bachelor.  I think we both immediately decided it was something we would like to do.  So we did.  What a fun afternoon.  Definitely my kind of snow....Warm enough for shorts but there was still snow to enjoy.

Mt. Bachelor and the chair lift

From the bottom looking up
Both Tyler and Hailey thought the chair lift was so fun, and a little scary, but a lot of fun.  They could believe how far off the ground we were.

riding the chair lift


Once we got to the top there were spectacular views, a restaurant, and plenty of snow to play in.  There was even a set up for frisbee golf for those so inclined.
Mountain views from a mountain :)

Hailey can be really quick to cry at times.  Usually for things that are so tiny and ridiculous.  Sometimes I sigh heavily and tell to more or less tough it out but other times I can't help but scoop her up and soak in her big squeezes and her need to be as close to me a possible.  I'm fully aware the days of her needing me are numbered and I want to take full advantage while I can.  So, while eating lunch, and Tyler looked at her wrong (or something like that) she burst into tears.  And I got my fix.
After lunch we headed out into the snow.  Shorts, beautiful blue skies, and bright white snow make for some fun pictures.

Snow in July.....snow with sun is so much better than the gray rain at home!

When in snow....make snow balls

one of my favorite pics


The kids found some bamboo sticks which became walking sticks and jousters amoung other things.  They also used them to write their names in some walls of snow.

I think Mt. Bachelor day has been one of our most fun days on this trip and it didn't even involve swimming :).  I'm sure we will be back next year.

No comments: