Well, our first Halloween costume catalog came in the mail last week. Seems a bit early but the kids certainly didn't mind. In fact they have spent a long time pouring over every page. I gave my lecture....this is the first catalog, there will be many more, Halloween is still a long way away, yada yada. It all fell on deaf ears of course. So the kids started out wanting to be power rangers (interesting choice since up until yesterday they hadn't even seen anything power ranger) Hailey red and Tyler blue. Then they changed their minds about 5 times and ended with Tyler wanting to be Jack Sparrow and Hailey wanting to be Spider Monkey. An interesting choice on Hailey's part. I must admit I don't have any idea who spider monkey is other than he is some character on Ben 10 (whatever that is). Hailey however is sold on the fact that he has four arms. There will be no princesses or cheerleaders for this girl. I'm hoping that more catalogs will come and she will get inspired by something else. But there is a chance we will have a spider monkey in the house. Jack Sparrow was a whole other issue. It's hardly surprising that Tyler wants to be Jack Sparrow, I mean he's been practicing his sword fighting to the Pirates of the Caribbean sound track for months now. But the costume in the catalog is $45. Now I know he'll wear it more than once (the kids are pretty good about that) but $45 is still too spendy for a Halloween costume in my book. On the other hand a good portion of Tyler's life this summer has been pirates, specifically Jack Sparrow. How could I deny him the costume that would make the world complete for him. Well, cue the music and confetti, because today we ran to Costco on our way home from some other errands because we needed napkins. That's right, we stopped by Costco to just get one thing (that never happens). We snagged our napkins and as we were walking to the register we saw a rack of Halloween costumes. And there were 4 Jack Sparrow costumes on the rack, 2 in Tyler's size. Price $16. Sold. Now I have one happy boy. Question is, will the costume last until Halloween or will it be worn out by then? Hailey thought is was awesome that Tyler got his costume today, exactly what he wanted, and she got nothing. I told her her day would come. Obviously that didn't help at all. She is 4.
More Bend posts coming tomorrow.
Thursday, August 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment