Of all the struggles I could have anticipated with first grade, I never thought our biggest challenge would be lunch! Here I am about to become the "bad guy" lunch maker to a boy who used to be a bottomless pit. The trouble....he hardly eats any lunch and never eats the most important part....his sandwich. I get that he might not be as hungry since he's just sitting around all morning but I can't tell you the frustration of having his sandwich come home uneaten every day.....and I've made some fancy sandwiches. So the threat was made and now must be carried out. Gone are the chips and fruit leather (the only things he eats) and he will now be going to school with a sandwich and fruit/veggies. I figure he'll either start eating his sandwich or he just won't eat.
They only get 20 minutes for lunch. So I can see lunch being a little rushed but what I've gathered from Tyler is that Mrs. McLatchy also reads to them during lunch. I have no problem envisioning the scenario, Tyler sitting at his desk, food in hand, mouth agape, totally focused on the book being read. A bite is taken every few minutes and then lunch is over. He comes home hungry but otherwise the lack of food at lunch hasn't seemed to bother him.
Really never would have guessed this would be our "issue" in 1st grade.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment