Tuesday, September 13, 2011

No More Training Wheels in the Family

I can't explain it other than to say I just haven't had a lot of time with just Hailey to work on her bike riding. We are always doing something as a family or it is me with both kids and Hailey has never been able to handle working on a skill in front of Tyler. I think there is some added pressure and her pride in not appearing incapable of doing something in front of her Big Brother. So, thank you First Grade for creating a little slice of life than can be special for just Hailey and me. This was our first 'Daddy Monday' of 2011 (I love not working Monday's!) and after we had a little lunch after Pre-K Hailey was excited to go down to our little park and practice some 'scoots'. This is where I took off her training wheels and pedals and just practiced 'scooting' and feeling the bike balance beneath her. No Brother, no camera, no pressure, just 2 hours of 'scooting'. After a little break I put the pedals on for her first go at full-on bike riding and she did terrific. Haze was so excited we had to go down to the park for a quick demo after we came home from Ty's soccer practice. Enjoy, my girl is not so little anymore.



And she's off to the races!

That pole to the right always seemed to creep close to her path.

Her first ride in front of Mom she insisted on starting herself and got it perfect.

No comments: