Soccer is cool because I didn't play it (Dave, hijacking Val's account again). I can just watch Tyler, and Hailey, do their thing and just enjoy watching them gain confidence and develop their athleticism. Baseball was fun too, and very special, but I feel like with soccer it is understood that this is something unique for the kids to experience that I can just marvel at because they know that it was not one of my sports as a kid.
Tyler has come a very long way from our first years of YMCA indoor soccer. I still remember his joy at delivering a big kick and then leaning his head and body all kinds of ways to watch the ball travel. Don't get me wrong, Tyler still loves a big kick now and then but he has realized that his big kicks, if not in the goal, just sail out of bounds on these fields. Did I mention that we love 3 on 3 soccer?
A nice little break away goal, some day a goalie will make this more challenging.
Ty soccer 1 from Valerie Quiggle on Vimeo.
This game was almost ridiculous in terms of Tyler scoring. I think the final total was 14. You could see more confidence in his entire body for the next week.
This is perhaps my favorite goal. Ty is in the mix, dodging in and out and finally gets his chance to break away from the pack and slide another one in the goal.
What I like about this video is not Tyler, but the family support he gets. I love that you can hear us each cheer for our Love Buggy. Hailey gets into it too, when the weather is nice of course! Kind of like mom! (they don't like being cold!)
Thursday, October 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment