Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Baseball returns

Earlier last week I mentioned to Dave that it would be interesting, come Spring, to see Ty's baseball hits. He hasn't touched his bat all winter and I said it will be interesting to see how long it takes for him to get back in the groove.....or if he even has the same intense interest in it this year. Well several days after my comments we had a sunny day and Tyler was itching to get outside. So during Hailey's nap we went out and he went straight for his bat. His first hit went from the far side of our driveway all the way up to our neighbors yard. So, he clearly hasn't lost "it" and seems to only be stronger and more able this year. The next day I had Dave pitch to him so I could get some pictures. I discovered once again that the full essence of his baseball hits just can't be captured in a single picture or even a series of them. It's a witness in real life type experience. However, I did get some good pictures and if you don't mind our interpretation of his thoughts.....here you go. I should also mention that he gets real excited when he starts launching the balls and his slogan which he yells loudly as he's preparing to hit is "bam it, slam it!!!"...which I think he actually stole from some Backyardigans episode.

Game face..focused on the ball

Ah, Ha I'm going to get you ball! He's clearly figured out the keep your eye on the ball rule

Contact!!....Hard to see in the small picture but his face is actually distorted...we think he was swinging so hard his face hadn't quite caught up with his eyes

Man, I love this game

No comments: