Hailey loves to sing. I catch her singing along to her favorite songs and even her bits and pieces of songs as she sings on her own throughout the day. We always sing a few songs at night before bed and it's no longer me singing to her. Now we sing together and it is very cute. She always draws out the last word and lifts her chin toward the ceiling (as if she were howling really :)).
Her newest vocabulary word is "the" which she says "da". By far my most favorite sentence right now is when she falls down and say "Oh, went boom on da buns".
And finally she has started saying a phrase that Tyler used to say. I think it is so funny that they both say this (Tyler hasn't said it in a while). Right around 2 1/2 or so when Tyler was rascally and ended up in timeout, he would sit in his room and say "What am I going to do?" with much drama. It was the cutest thing and I would always be outside the door back turned smile/laughing.....how can you stay mad at that??? Well, I don't know where she picked it up but in the mornings when Hailey is ready to get up (or should I say get up for real, not the three times earlier in the morning when she wakes up screaming), she'll call for Dave or I and then as it takes a couple minutes to get to her room, I'll hear her say, "What I going do???"
And of course, she still adores her daddy. She's her happiest with him and they love to smother each other in kisses.

No comments:
Post a Comment