On Wednesday it was a scorcher, though not quite as bad as 103 degrees would feel back home! In the afternoon we went to the local pool to cool off and some clouds rolled in and brought the temperature down a bit. When we got home we had dinner and then went out to the front yard to wind down. The kids were playing with a toy airborne soldier with working parachute and I was just taking in the view. Then, both Ty and Hailey started coming over and lying on me while waiting for their turn with the parachute. Val started snapping pictures and voila! The evening temp was so perfect and the sun was just going down. It reminded me of the last scene in Field of Dreams as Ray (son) and Jon (father) Kinsella are playing a game of father and son catch. It was perfect! (BTW I recommend the book the movie was based on, Shoeless Joe).
The ladies wondering what the guys are up to.
Tyler giving flight to Mr. Airborne.
My turn! I'll race ya!
I want to watch ON my Daddy! Hey, I want on my Daddy too!
A job well done.
The rare Quigglekid hug with no screaming!
No comments:
Post a Comment