Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Hailey's room redecorated

Hailey's needed a room transformation for some time now.  She's had the paint from when Tyler was a baby, valences from her baby bedding, a changing table, no dresser, and no bookshelf or storage.  So, I decided to put it off no further and just go for it.  It took a while to get done but we are mostly there now.  She's been in her "new" room for the last couple weeks and just loves it.  I have to admit, her room has a very happy feel to it now.

Before:
I almost forgot to take before pictures.  I didn't remember until I had shoved everything off her bed onto the floor and moved her mattress out.  But you get the idea.....stuff everywhere!

 Decided to paint the top white, including the ceiling.  I was afraid there would be some tears over her "clouds in the sky" ceiling being gone but she hasn't said anything yet.

 And the bottom part is turquoise.....of course.

 I also painted some fun hearts to bring a little more color into the room.
 Hailey's light switch cover was a peter rabbit scene.  I wrapped some fun scrapbook paper around it and finished it with some modge podge.  Fits the room much better now.


After:
And finally she got to move back into her room.  She now has a bookcase (much needed) and I'm almost finished repainting a cute heart dresser we found.  We also have a bed frame with a heart cut out.  I'm currently burnt out on sanding and painting so that may have to wait until next spring.
New and improved room
Her dresser will go over on this wall.
 And I need to make a couple of new valences out of this fabric.
 We also put up about 8 pictures around the walls.
 Of course the top of her bookcase already looks like this.  She must get it from her brother.  Those darn legos....sort of have a love/hate relationship with them.

No comments: