Monday, July 9, 2012
Parenting Rant
Most of my blogs recently have been about fun activites
not parenting but parenting is
happening all the time of course. Today
I have a rant. Our lives are so good but
Eveything isn't always flowers and smiles.
Summer vacation has brought on a new phase.....arguing. Ugh. By the end of the day I want to hit myself in
the shins :). For whatever reason
hearing them argue instantly puts me over the edge. Dave's long weekend over the 4th was such a
blessing. He had so much patience with
them and gave me a little bit of a break.
I'm trying to be better but by the end of the day I'm exhausted. The problem is they fight over
everything. Everything. It seems like all day long I hear bickering
or crying or pouting or doors slamming.
Then five minutes later they are playing together and then they are
arguing again. This is all typical, I
know, but boy am I struggling for the
right way to deal with it. By the 5th
or 6th argument I'm thinking "really? again? Aren't they tired of
fighting? Ok,rant over, on with our
summer. We are so happy the sun has
arrived! It's so good to be able to be
outside! Count down to Bend has begun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment