Saturday, January 30, 2010

Force field

Dave's back on patrol and we are back to his crazy patrol schedule. It's been a major adjustment for us all (still is). The days he works nights and needs to sleep during the day I've been making an effort to be out of the house as much as possible. Yesterday afternoon I had a bunch of errands to run so I packed up the kids (such a fun trip for them) and we headed out. After our stop a Trader Joe's we went to the pet store. I thought it would be a fun side trip to break up all the boring stores. The kids always love looking at the fish, birds, and whatever else the store has. In the back of the store they had a fish pond and above it was a very large bird (whatever the huge parrot looking birds are called). It was sitting on a branch in the open air and nothing was keeping it at it's "home". Tyler looked up at me, eyes wide and very serious, and said "Is there a force field right there?".......convinced there was some magical (super cool) invisible shield keeping the bird contained. It made me smile.

No comments: