Thursday, January 14, 2010
Put in my place
Hailey's napping is really irratic right now. She requests to have one maybe 4 days a week and it's become pretty clear that it's just so she can have that binky we haven't weaned her from yet. Some days she even just stays in her bed for 20 minutes to get her fix and then she's ready to play again. The problem is that even though she loves her naps, when takes them she is up really late at night. Today I took the kids to "pump it up" in the morning so we could get out of the house and the kids could burn some energy. Afterwards we ran a bunch of errands and didn't get home until about 3:00. Hailey immediately wanted to take a nap. I didn't want her to get in bed because I knew she would fall asleep (bounce houses use up a lot of energy). A nap starting at 3:00 in the afternoon would be bad news. So I made her a deal. She could have her binky and take a "rest" in her rocking chair (in her room) while looking at books. She could have her rest while I unloaded and put away all the groceries. By the time I had all my unloading/unpacking done, I noticed it was pretty quiet upstairs. I went upstairs to find this......
Doesn't look very comfortable does it. I guess she really was tired. Feeling bad she was sleeping half off a chair I tried to move her to her bed. She woke with a start, lots of crying. I was trying desperately to calm her down and let her sleep a little more when Tyler walks in all cheerful saying "Hi Hailey, did you have a good nappy". Using my quiet angry voice I said "Ty stay in the hall, I'm trying to get her back to sleep". He looks at me all mad and makes more comments. And I keep shooshing him. Hailey never did go back to sleep (probably for the better) and Tyler came up to me shortly after saying "Mommy, you did the worst thing a mommy could do." Yikes!! "What's that?" I said. "You made me feel bad". So then I felt awful and apologized. I'll have to come up with a more effective, less damaging way to get him out of the room in the future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment