Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thank You Hello Kitty

This little girl is diaper free! Well for the most part. Of course she still wears one at night and we are working on one other time of day (ahem). We've passed a huge milestone none the less. It has been en entirely different experience than with Tyler. Hailey was actually ready at the beginning of last summer but it was hard when we were out and about so much (at playgrounds with no bathrooms) so I put it off (good parenting, I know). I decided this fall was a good time to tackle it and of course Hailey wanted nothing to do with it. So the last few months we've been sort of working on it. I've tried to get her in unders for at least a little bit each day but some days she flat out refused and most days she'd wear them but wasn't at all committed. A couple of weeks ago, I let her pick out some new panties at Target. She picked out some Hello Kitty ones and has been wearing them exclusively ever since. Who knew it would be that easy. Even more amazing is that she has really only had one real accident. She has even been wearing them out and about in public when we run errands and to school etc. She's had no problems what so ever.

So now we have no naps and no diapers (and it takes even longer to get out of the house). They are growing up so fast.

The secret to our success

No comments: