We are two practices into what could be a lifetime of baseball. I had been nervous for the past year or two as I heard other parents signing their little 4 and 5 year olds up for t-ball. Was I making the right decision holding off...Would it stunt the development of my little slugger? I must tell you, I feel vindicated as a Father. Tyler appears ripe and ready for baseball at 6, able to give enough attention to instructions he is given and coordinated/strong enough to perform the skills and see a tangible result (picture violent swing of the bat and ball rocketing into the outfield). Tyler is excellent at throwing (hard) and pretty good at catching the ball. Hitting? No problem and there is a good chance he will break a coach's nose in the future. Hopefully not mine. It certainly helps that his good buddy Jack is on the team and I hope they have many years of playing ball together.
We will have to work on the appropriate baseball photo poses in the future.
Tyler and Jack learning the rules of the game.
No comments:
Post a Comment