Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Readers
I'm so excited to have two readers this summer. I must admit I have visions of us all sitting out on the deck and reading for a half hour everyday once the weather gets nice. It might just be a dream but it would be lovely. I'm so proud of both kids arnd their reading. Tyler is loving that he can read some chapter books now. He's read a significant number of the Magic Tree house books. Once he starts he doesn't want to stop. I think he is really enjoying the stories. Hailey was reading the Magic Tree House books as well for a bit. She was making it through a book a day there for a few weeks but has stopped. I think she was trying to keep up with Tyler. And though she if fully capable of reading the chapter books she still prefers the picture books. That is great. We are definitely not pushing her into the deep reading yet. I've found she is spending a lot more time actually reading her picutre books too and not just looking a the pictures. She has one book inparticular that she reads over and over again. Her grandma bought her a book that has 6 or 7 stories about baby animals that includes photograph pictures. She loves that book and reads it everyday. Here's to sunny summer days and kids who want to read!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment