Sunday, August 10, 2008

Hailey Baby

A few things on Hailey......a this and that type blog. Dave made a new, much shorter, video of Hailey dancing. I will attempt to insert it below since I never did get the other one to load. There are just a few things I want to documents for Hailey today...eating, new words, and hair.



A couple months ago, I tried to remember when Tyler started eating with a spoon. Since his baby book is not done, I don't yet have it documented. So, there I was trying to figure out when the right time would be to introduce Hailey to a spoon. It was a step I was a little afraid of since she is amessy eater to begin with. She loves to throw her food on the ground (she's getting better though) and hates to be spoon fed by someone else because she wants to do everything herself. So, off and on, I thought about this, never actually doing anything about it. One day about a month or so ago at meal time, Hailey went to the kids plate/silverware drawer, and pulled out a spoon. Then she walked over to her highchair as if this was something she did every day. She's been eating with a spoon ever since. She does quite well and it's nice that she can finally eat applesauce and yogurt and all that good stuff that she wouldn't let us feed her.

Hailey's toothy grin
Originally I was intending to do a blog with all of Hailey's new words. But they are coming so fast and furious I've lost track. A few of them are nana (banana), grammy, rock, truck, car, ga ga (as in googoo gaga), toes, head, Barney, Burt (as in Burt and Ernie) and yogurt. Of course Dave and I are probably the only ones who really understand most of her words but she is still making great progress. She is actually starting to have real conversations, though you have to read between the lines and fill in the blanks. I thinks it is safe to say she has a lot she wants to tell us.


Her "I think that's so funny" look...her most common smile

Hailey has a hand full of animal sounds she'll make...Quack, moo, meow, oh oh (monkey), hiss, woof, woof. We recently got her (thanks mom) this shirt that says "moo" on it with a picture of a cow. When she's wearing it, every time she looks down, she "moos".

Moo Shirt

Hailey's hair is starting to grow....just a little bit. Our goal is to be able to wear a hair accessory by Christmas. Only time will tell. Below is a picture of Ty and Hailey from behind. You can see that they not only share the same blue eyes but it looks like their hair is going to be the same too. A few more months and you won't be able to tell them apart.

ABC's anyone?

Is someone eating my ear?

Last night when I peeked in on Hailey (to make sure her stash of binky's were all still in her bed, this is what I saw.






No comments: