Friday, December 18, 2009

Lights of Christmas

The first weekend of December the Lights of Christmas opened (up north). Dave took a Thursday off and we had a nice day with no rain....but it was really cold. It was opening day for the Lights of Christmas and I don't think we could have timed it better. In addition to the dry weather, the place was not very crowded. We of course were able to see all of the lights which was a lot of fun. We also got to see Santa with absolutely no wait. We got some of the infamous donuts...again no wait. Actually we didn't have to wait for anything. The kids went for a ride on the horses (Tyler actually went twice). We rode on the train...a short ride but the kids loved it. The kids had a live conversation with the talking Christmas tree. Ty thought this was pretty cool. The kids had a great time and it really got us all into the Christmas spirit. Well, it got me into the Christmas spirit and the kids are just really excited for presents.

We are ready to go....love how Hailey looks stuffed in the stroller and totally immobile
Our friend Frosty

Some of the lights, which was the point of the whole trip. Next year I need to have my fancy camera manual settings figured out so I can get some good pics of the lights
Fresh delicious donut...the kids loved these The talking Christmas Tree that actually had a live conversation with Tyler and Hailey

Couldn't believe Tyler was willing to get this upclose and personal with Santa but I love that I got a picture of it. I guess Ty has figured out you want to be in good with this man.
All of my everyday...I love these two
Both kids enjoyed riding horses

1 comment:

Tonya Doman said...

Great picture of you and the kiddos Val. Not to mention the one of Dave and the kids. Hailey cracks me up. I love reading stories about her and seeing pictures....she makes me smile!