Monday, November 8, 2010

Birthday Party Prep

Tyler wanted to have a Knight birthday party this year. I looked on line and found some good ideas. Everything was fairly simple but once I put it all together it ended up being A LOT of work. More than I bargained for. But in the end, the party turned out great and Tyler had a great time. Here is a little bit of the party prep. I was so busy prepping, I didn't have time to blog about it.

We had castles made from cardboard. The kids used some soft balls for "cannon balls" and had to try to get the cannon balls into the castle.


There was also a treasure hunt (sort of Knight meets pirate). Tyler loves treasure hunts and especially the treasure. this was the dining room table as I was gathering and organizing everything.

There were little treasures all along the hunt but we had a treasure chest for the big find filled with jewels (which Ty loved), necklaces, and a tic tac toe game.

Here is the "jewels" treasure that the kids found. I'm sure all the parents are thanking me for this :). Tyler thinks it's the greatest though.
We had knight figures that we put on the cupcakes
Bags for the kids to collect there treasures in....
We also had cardboard shields that the kids decorated and then used in a jousting battle against Dave. We used balloon swords to minimize injury :). The boys had great fun battling each other.
Our house decor was red and blue and filled with streamers and balloons.

Tyler was so excited for his party.

No comments: