Friday, November 19, 2010

I'm Right, You're Wrong

Jammy day at school (Oct '10)
Hailey has always been confident and sure of herself. She's sure she can do anything she sets out to do. Her first words were "me do it" or "Hailey do it" or something like that (I'd have to go back and look :)). These were later followed by "I want to do it" and "I'll do it by myself". All of these were followed by tears if in fact she could not do it by herself. It continues today.

Yesterday however we branched off into a slightly different version. It's definitely not my favorite, though I probably shouldn't be surprised by it. She was playing her leapster game and at one part the women's voice on the leapster says, "phenomenal". So she says...

H: mom, I did Bonominal. What's Bonominal?
Me: The word is actually Phenomenal and it means you did an outstanding job.
H: No mom, she said Bonominal. I'm right, you're wrong.

Outside of being perturbed that she talked to me like that, I had no way of convincing her that infact I WAS right without myself saying or at least implying no, I'm right, you're wrong. So I bit my tongue.

Can't wait to see all the places and times she throws that one out. Yikes.

A little Reading

No comments: