The Christmas season continues and today was another success! We have been hitting all the seasonal spots, soaking in as much of the Christmas spirit as we can. We have even taken to detours through neighborhoods to look at people's lights and judge whether or not the people who live there have The Spirit! The Spirit is definitely alive in our house.
Since Val once took a month of ice skating lessons several decades ago and I have been to 4 hockey games in my life we decided that ice skating in Bellevue was a fantastic idea! We showed up early and got right in, which has been the story of the season because we seem to have missed the crush of the crowds everywhere we have gone. First ones in and when we leave the lines go on forever. I LOVE IT!
So, in classic Quiggle fashion, we laced up ours and the kids skates and as we got closer to the ice I expected refusal or at least hesitation. I got, "Let's go skating Dad!" from both Ty and Hailey. We proceeded to go round and round, hand in hand and somehow managed 1. Not to break any bones 2. Not to bruise any buns! I can honestly say I admire ice skaters more now than ever. I can't believe what those people are able to do on those awkward, uncomfortable skates! The kids loved it and I think we will refrain from bursting their bubbles that what they did was actually ice skating. Stand on skates while making rapid counterproductive motions with their feet while holding the hands of their parents who valiantly prevented their buns or heads from colliding with the hard frozen ice is more like it!
Well, durign snack after ice skating I looked at the forecast and our original plan for the music at Snowflake Lane looked like it had the potential to be a wet one. NO THANKS! So, we grabbed a bite to eat at Red Robin, checked out the Lego store and generally entertained ourselves for a couple of hours until the Snowflake Lane parade/whatever you call it began. We had a great time and it was well worth the all day trip. Hailey got pictures with a snowman, near a mouse, Rudolph and a
Now, I'm going to bed 'cuz my feet hurt!
Quiggle's On Ice!
Snowflake Lane!
The Best Little Drummer Boy ever!
Hailey hanging with her buddies!
The Snowflake Lane video experience. Feel the drums!
No comments:
Post a Comment