Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Family Dessert Night (Thankful Night)

On Monday Tyler's preschool had their "thankful" night. Each class got up on stage and sang a song and then each child was able to go up to the microphone and tell what they are thankful for. After all the "thankfuls" there were tables of desserts in back for the kids (and families) to feast on. Tyler was very excited to be able to go on stage and of course have dessert. I was curious if Tyler would actually speak into the microphone (I don't know if I would have at his age). He did a great job and is thankful for "his bed" which is very fitting for him (our little snuggle monster). The teachers must have done a great job of preparing them (I know they have been practicing) and eliminating any anxiety because all but 2 kids spoke into the microphone and there were a LOT of adults in the audience (parents and family for at least 8-10 classes (I lost count)). Tyler was very proud of his night and we are proud of him.

thankful headband/Indian feathers

Waiting to go on stage. Tyler is in a red shirt in the back.
Lining up on stage
"I'm thankful for my bed"
Dessert
Walking back to the car with Grammy and Grandpa John

No comments: