I'm scared to even write this comment for fear it will burst the bubble and it all will end. But the last few days, in the evening, Tyler (without prompting) has said, time to clean up the playroom. And then, we actually do just that. He won't tackle downstairs with me yet but we are making progress. Well, today, it's like I've woken up in the twilight zone. It started last night really. It was bath time and Tyler suddenly decided he needed to clean and organize his room. So in he went (and Dave tagged along) and he spent quite a bit of time getting everything set up and put away. This morning I was sorting laundry (Saturday and Wednesday are laundry days) and Tyler asked if he could help. I still hadn't put the clean folded clothes from earleir in the week away so I asked Tyler if he wanted to put his own clothes away. Yes he did. He put everything exactly where it was supposed to go and even hung his shirts up on hangers and hung them in his closet. Then he helped me clean up Hailey's room. When we went back downstairs he requested some lettuce for a snack (yeah, I know, lettuce, this is a first). After his lettuce and ranch dressing (which he really did eat), he organized all the shoes at the front door. I mean, can this possibly be real. Did my lovebug go to bed as a four year old and wake up a ten year old on a really good day?? Whatever the reason, I'm loving it. And, I figure it's good to write this down so I can remember it when life gets back to normal :)
I do have to say, though, that Tyler loves helping out with jobs when Dave or I are working on soemthing. He'll help me take out the trash or other household stuff. I think he feels very grown up and responsible....which he is and he is a big help. He especially likes to help Dave when he is working outside or fixing something with the tools. Tyler has already made big plans to take our kitchen step ladder out front when Dave puts up the Christmas lights so he can help.....that is as soon as it stops raining around here.
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment