Thursday, November 6, 2008

Happy Birthday

Happy 4th Birthday Tyler!!!! It's hard to believe it was 4 years ago today (on a Friday in '04) that I went into labor. I started having contractions at work around 9:30 in the morning. I already had a doctors appointment scheduled for 3 or 4 that afternoon (one week prior to my due date) so I decided to stay at work and get things wrapped up. At my doctor appointment I was 4 cm dilated and they sent us home to wait for things to get really uncomfortable :). I think we ended up back at the hospital around 8 or 9 and I was 7cm dilated. Tyler was born at 3:08am (interesting note that Hailey was born at 3:17am). So began our "new" life and all the joys of our precious baby, curious toddler, and smart preschooler.

We are convinced Tyler must be having or at least had last night some sort of growth spurt as Tyler slept in until 8:30 this morning which I don't think has ever happened, ever. He's usually up by 6:30. Or maybe it's just his way of ringing in his new year. If only Hailey would have done the same....... When he did wake up we walked in to get him singing Happy Birthday. He was very happy. I had also tied balloons all the way down our stair railing which delighted Tyler and Hailey. He wasn't even down the stairs before he wanted to open his gifts....so he did. He had such delight in his face as he opened them and pure joy as he saw what was inside. He got a blue semi/transporter truck, a Huey/Appache helicoptor (which he has really wanted for a while now) and a large search and find book. Outside of going to swimming lessons he spent the rest of the day playing with his new toys. Hailey has been enjoying the balloons. We didn't have any cake today because we aren't having his party (with family) until Sunday. But I did take Tyler and Hailey out for ice cream this afternoon.
Just waking up

He has spotted the presents
open, open, open
Wow! He's a happy camperMy helicopter

the loot
Breakfast with WHIP CREAM!
Hailey's birthday fun

please don't pop, please don't pop
Tyler was such a polite boy today. He was very thankful for the ice cream and at several times today he said "thank you so much for my presents, I love them". I'm about ready to go buy him more gifts :).....just kidding. It is so nice to see such joy at two simple toys.

Since Tyler has school MWF, I took birthday treats into is classroom yesterday. When I arrived he was wearing a birthday crown and had even received a small gift (matchbox car) from his teachers. We made train shaped jello which Tyler loved.
The Birthday boy as he looked when I showed up at snack time

The snack

Tyler's class

No comments: