Saturday, May 9, 2009

Future Drummer - Blue Man Group 2020?

We've mentionned that Tyler is fascinated with drumming, right? I think there are cute little kids activities that come and go, sway with the tide of life, but now and then you see something that is more than just a passing fancy. It's that level of interest that your child shows in a thing, an idea, and activity that makes you think, "If I do this right, if I help nurture this 'act' my kid enjoys right now what could it become in the years to come?"

I have this thought quite frequently with Tyler, and on a number of different subjects. Drumming is certainly one of them. He's pretty much been doing it for 2-3 years now and unlike his interest in Thomas the Train, it has never wained. He has started to express an interest in guitars as well and really does seem to have a keen ear for rythm and a great sense of timing. He is fascinated by Blue Man Group and Bucket Drummers so readily avaialable for view on the internet and YouTube. Also, he loves a wide variety of music to include kids songs, John Mayer, 70's Rock 'N Roll, MXPX and a little country music too.

I know that music makes him happy and I hope that it is a big part of his life in years to come. All I can think of is, "Dad, don't screw this up!"

No comments: