Boy it's so sad to see Hailey sick. Her little body has goose bumps with chills and her hands are all shaky. While Dave and Ty hit golf balls I thought she might like to play in the bath tub (liven things up a bit as well as get rid of "that smell" that goes along with being sick). She was enjoying her bath and then said she wanted to play by herself for a bit in the tub. So I folded laundry and watched her through the mirror. She rolled over on to her tummy with her arms out in front of her and her chin in her hands (wish I could have gotten a picture but didn't want to leave her unattended). And I watched her nod off over and over again. Her 3 hours of sleep last night quickly catching up to her in the warm tub. I helped prop up her head for a bit and tried to talk her out of the water. She said she didn't want to take a nap (ha!) and that she was just sad. She rolled over on to her back and fell asleep again. So I scooped her out of the tub and got her dressed quick as possible (she screamed the whole time). The she fell fast asleep on me on the rocking chair. That NEVER happens. It was so nice to snuggle with her but I just feel so bad for her. Hopefully tonight will be a better night and tomorrow a better day. She's probably spoken ten words today. The silence has been deafening. I miss my chatterbox.....not the screaming and whining though.
Watching TV
Sleepy girl
No comments:
Post a Comment