Just the other day when Tyler got home from school, he rushed outside with popsicle sticks in hand so he could create this....
Hailey on the other hand grabbed a piece of paper so she could work on this....
She's had some sort of break through with letter writing the last few weeks. She still has some frustrations but we went from a couple letters to almost the whole alphabet overnight and she seems to be more accepting of her penmanship. I'm quite impressed with her grip which she has figured out all on her own. Notice which hand she is using though. I'm told right/left handedness doesn't cement itself until they are older and I've just been letting her do whatever she wants (not saying a thing). She's definitely using her left hand more and more exclusively though. Not sure how I feel about it (not that it makes a difference, it is what it is) but it seems like left handers just have a harder time of it all.
A couple more examples:
Tyler is often found doing things like this...
Hailey is often found doing things like this...
and this (tracing)...
No comments:
Post a Comment