Thursday, December 18, 2008

A Big Day for Tyler

Wednesday saw the mere forecast of snow cancel school and a Christmas concert in the evening that we were all looking forward to. In fact, schools were cancelled across the area even though no snow had fallen....yet. Today, we woke up to about 6 inches of fresh snow that continued to fall and the day turned out to be full of small miracles for Tyler.

Miracel 1. Tyler told me that he wanted to thank God and Jesus for his life and he began drawing/writing on paper. At one point he told me he was writing down God and Jesus' license plates with no further information given. It is so awesome to hear Tyler talking about and asking about God and Jesus. I wish I had all the answers for him but I am so happy to see God taking root in his life so early. I am very thankful to his school, Kids at the Creek, for making God part of Tyler's day when he is with them.


Miracle 2. Tyler had his first opportunity to sled like a big boy, ALL BY HIMSELF! He got to go half way up the hill in front of our house and go down on his sled unaccompanied and he did great. Then we found that our neighbor's yard (Tammy and Joe) had a great slope that hadn't been packed down by 100 sledders already and more fun ensued. Then, Ty and i took a little trek to the park down the street for another hill that he could tackle on his own. I remember thinking to myself that when he grows up and thinks back to his childhood, I really hope this day is one of the memories that flashes through his mind. In addition to his great sledding, Ty helped me shovel the driveway with his brand new snow shovel and also pointed out to numerous neighbor boys that it was not nice to throw snowballs at people's faces. Dad might have had a similar discussion with said boys as well.



Miracle 3. Ty decided, without prompting, that tonight was the night he would start sleeping in his big bed rather than his crib. As I told him his goodnight story he informed me that we would need to move his crib out of his room tomorrow to make room for more of his toys. He has informed me that he is quite good with a screwdriver and hammer and will help me take it apart and even saw it in half if it can't get through the door. Val and I are thinking we'll keep it available for a couple days in case he changes his mind but knowing Tyler, when he says he's gonna do something...he's all in!

No comments: