Yesterday I heard (maybe she's said it to Dave though) the first utterance of a
phrase I am sure we are going to be
hearing A LOT of over the coming months and years. As I was trying to brush Hailey's teeth she yelled out "I do it!!! She's been saying "I did it" for a while now when she
perseveres on something and actually accomplishes what she'd set out to do. I lover hearing her say this. But it's the first I've heard her vocalize with words that she wants to do something herself with no help. Not that this is at all surprising with her fierce independent attitude. And I suppose it's better than the
shrieking and refusing to do whatever we were trying to help her with which has been her strategy to date. So, we'll see where this goes.
Hailey has also been
enjoying putting a "school" bag on and "going to school". This involves saying, Have a good day at school. Have fun. See you soon........walking down the hall to the other room (count to 3) and then walk back......I'm so happy to see you! Did you have a good day? (big hug). This of course is her interpretation of Tyler going to school but it's fun to see a little bit of pretend play starting with her.
Going to school
No comments:
Post a Comment