Monday, December 15, 2008

Snow!!

We had our first snow of the season on Sturday night. We were actually at a Christmas party for Dave's work (thanks Pete and Tonya) and the kids went to bed a couple hours late. I was so sure they would sleep in that I even slept in, thinking I could sleep longer and then work while the kiddos were sleepign in. So of course they woke up at 6:30. By 7am Tyler was ready to go out and play in the snow. We held him off until 8:00, we at least needed day light. It was only an inch or two of snow but Tyler still had fun. I often consider our neighborhood to be our own little cul-de-sac but really we live in a big neighborhood. Our house happens to be on the only good sledding hill in the neighborhood (no so great when playing with balls in the front yard). So, once the snow hits our hill is usually packed with kids. This is fun from an entertainment perspective but not so fun when you have to try and drive up or down the hill as it quickly becomes a slick compact of ice. Even with the little snow their were kids sledding down the hill (mostly just on the ice). Dave and Tyler went sledding as well though I did not get any pictures of this as I was busy with Hailey in the back yard. We are having very cold weather today and it is supposed to continue for the rest of the week.

Ready to go
All bundled up
Snow Angel

snow sliding

No comments: