It occurred to me that I should probably end the year with a blog saying goodbye to 2008. I wish I could say I'm off or at someplace with all of my favorite friends but actually here I am at the computer at 10:00 at night writing a blog. The kids are in bed (yippie) and Dave is at work. As luck or perhaps murphy's law would have it, they've been after some bad guys. Dave worked late last night (go home maybe 1am ish) and left again at 6:30 this morning. And as it goes, they didn't catch these guys until 6ish tonight. So now they have to talk to them, maybe do a search warrant etc. I doubt Dave will be home by 12:00 and now I am just hoping that he's home before we get up in the morning. So it goes.
Of course I am looking foward to 2009 and all the changes it will bring, all the surprises I couldn't even begin to think of, and all the blogs I will get to write. I have just discovered from another blog I read, a website call bloggled (www.bloggled.com ....that's for you Tonya) where you can get a blog printed into a book. I am thinking that this might be the thing to do on a yearly basis to get a permanent record. I'm assuming this blog will continue for at least a few years or until the kids stop being interesting on a daily basis :-). And it would be nice to perserve this permanently somewhere. This site can't possibly exist 20 years from now when the kids will care about it. Who knows what the new technology will be then but I'm sure this will be long gone. So, I may try that out.
Here are a few pictures to finish out the year.
Just the right size

The last couple of days I have been making a real effort to get some of the dishes done right after dinner. Usually I don't get to it until after the kids are in bed and then it takes me an hour and a half to get the house picked up and the dishes done, leaving little time to do, well anything really. The problem is the kids have this major boost of energy right after dinner and they really want to run around and play. But tonight they did a pretty good job entertaining themselves for a little bit while I got at least some of the dishes done. Of course this is how Hailey looked afterward.....what you can't see is the toxic diaper that was slowly taking over all of the oxygen in the room. But here she is. She decked herself out in stickers and had a great time coloring....you can just barely see the huge black mark on her chin. Her eye lid is green (with pen not make up) and her shirt once a solid pink has a rainbow of marks on it. She walked into the kitchen pen in hand saying Oh no....I have yet to find where she colored....... Have I mentioned how thankful I am for washable markers?

And Tyler's name is still inked, or shoveled, in the last of the remaining snow out on the street.
No comments:
Post a Comment