Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Bizarro world & lots of love

On Monday afternoon we went to get Santa pictures. I once again wanted Tyler in his Christmas outfit. I'm not sure what Dave said to him but he actually put the jeans and sweater on without much complaint. We went to the mall got the pictures and had a successful dinner at a restaurant (this is definitely news worthy). By the time we got home Tyler was in love with his jeans and wore jeans all day yesterday and half of today by his own choosing. He spent the second half of today in sweats so we will see if the jeans moment is over or if life is bizarro world will continue. In addition to wearing his jeans he has also chosen to wear several shirts we bought him at the end of summer that are so cute but until now he has refused to wear. You just never know with Tyler!

Hailey has been an absolute bear to get to bed. I usually put her down about 7pm. She screams (loud, heartbreaking, my life is about to end type screams) the entire time I am brushing Tyler's teeth, reading him books, telling him his story, and tucking him in bed. So by about 8pm I've had it and I actually go in and see her (yes I realize I need to stop doing this). She immediately quiets down and will just snuggle me (this part is lovely) for however long I am willing to sit there but she refused to fall asleep. We I stand up to put her down again she starts to scream even louder and gives me a death grip squeeze with her thighs so I can barely peel her off of me to get her into bed. Then she screams and screams some more until she falls asleep around 9:00 to 9:30. It is brutal.

Yesterday as Hailey was screaming so loud and Tyler was getting ready for bed I asked Tyler, "Why does she do this?? It hurts my heart". To which Tyler responded, "It's ok Mommy, I have so much love I'll make your heart feel better". That's my lovebug. I hope he never changes (and yes, I realize he will).

No comments: